The project was a three stage development which proposed a new acute hospital, rebuilding of the Main Entrance building as well as a light refurbishment of the Women’s and Children’s, Dental and Allied Health buildings. The aim was to create a patient-focused health system that encourages innovative models of care. The final stage is expected to be complete by the end of 2013. Both Thermotec 4-Zero thermal pipe insulation and NuWrap 5™ acoustic pipe insulation were both specified and used on this project.
- Product Used: Thermotec NuWrap 5™ Acoustic pipe insulation
- Thermotec 4-Zero thermal pipe insulation
- Main Architect: Woods Bagot / Billard Leece Partnership
- Hydraulic Consultant: Norman Disney Young
- Main Contractor: Baulderstone Queensland
- Mechanical Services: Christopher Contracting
- Cost of Project: $408M