Thermotec Ductwrap is designed to insulate air conditioning ductwork, it is extremely user friendly and completely safe to handle ensuring installation is relatively simple. Thermotec Ductwrap consists of a low density, closed cell polyethylene foam, faced with aluminium foil, it’s 100% Australian made. Thermotec Ductwrap is an energy saving product; it has excellent energy absorbing capabilities and provides superior insulation against heat loss. Ductwrap has also been successfully tested and meets all Green Star low VOC Compliance requirements.
|Thickness||Width*||Roll Length (nominal)|
Why use Thermotec Ductwrap?
- Completely free from all synthetic mineral fibres (SMFs) and therefore no special clothing or respirators are required.
- User friendly and completely safe to handle.
- Because the closed cell structure is impervious to moisture, no standing time is required for drying product prior to use.
- Ductwrap may be applied around the ductwork on site, or pre-fabricated and transported to the site. It is easy to handle and transport without damage, reducing potential costly repairs to the product once installed on site.
- Deadens and absorbs airborne noise.
- Ductwrap is economical, as there is low wastage due to the variety of sizes available to suit all applications.
Suggested Installation Method
Thermotec suggest that the insulation is pre-cut so that it fits onto the ductwork and the ends can be neatly butted together. The insulation can be easily cut with a sharp knife for a customised fit.
The preferred method of fixing is to use a wet adhesive such as a neoprene based contact adhesive to bond the product to the ducting. It is imperative that the surfaces are clean and free of dust or oil. It is important that all edges and ends are tightly butted together and a 72mm wide self-adhesive foil faced tape be used to seal the edges and joints.
Ductwrap F can be supplied as a self-adhesive product, in which case no additional adhesive is required.
Attention to detail when sealing the joints and edges is important to prevent heat transfer and to ensure that air does not make contact with the actual ducting and create condensation, thus providing a 100% continuous vapour barrier.